How To Use Content Marketing As An Effective PR Tool
The first step to using content marketing as an effective tool for PR is to understand how it fits into the PR equation. Public Relations is focused on raising awareness, influencing opinions and managing reputations to drive bottom lines, while content marketing is focused on awareness, lead generation and sales. Content marketing can best be thought of an extension of PR – elevated awareness resulting in positive engagement.
As a startup or small business owner, it is extremely important to realize the benefits that you will experience by employing effective content marketing tactics to further your PR objectives. By providing timely, relevant, and useful information, you will be able to attract customers and build a loyal following that will drive your bottom line.
Here are some tips on using content marketing as an effective PR tool:
- Know the importance of owned media: Over the last few years brands have been increasingly becoming publishers in an effort to create an engaging digital presence. PR…
Mobile Content Marketing Tips for Small Business
With more and more people relying on mobile devises to access information, capitalizing on the benefits of mobile content marketing for small businesses is now more important than ever.
Mobile usage in now surpassing desktop internet usage and this is changing traditional approaches to marketing in order to reach more customers on mobile devices.
So what exactly is content marketing? This is the best definition we’ve come across: content marketing is the ability of a business to create and communicate educational information to existing and potential customers in a meaningful way that drives trust and creates a connection.
As you can see, the main goal of content marketing is to educate rather than sell; by positioning yourself and your brand as an authority aiming to educate, the selling is far more subtle, and this approach will build trust in the long-run and drive revenues.
So how can small businesses maximize the benefits of mobile content marketing? Here are some effective mobile content marketing tips:
Tips To Maximize Small Business Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing has gone from an option to a key component for startups and small businesses as they are capitalizing on the power of social platforms for their businesses like never before.
Social media marketing helps to reach and engage target audiences and customers across different networks that will drive sales and encourage brand loyalty. Your clients and potential clients are all out there on social media waiting to hear from your company.
Before you take the plunge into social media marketing and sign up for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Plus, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Reddit or any number of social networks out there, here are some tips to maximize the effectiveness of your social media marketing:
- Don’t be intimidated: How many times have you thought about creating a business page for your company on Facebook but thought to yourself, “I don’t have the time or know how to get started or what to say.” As you have already realized, social media marketing has been…
Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses & Startups
Startups and small businesses are often faced with the challenge of marketing themselves on a shoestring budget – getting the most ‘bang for your buck’ can make or break your business, especially in the early stages.
By using a few simple and strategic marketing tactics, startups and small businesses can succeed at promoting your business and growing your customer base while keeping costs minimal.
Here are some cost-effective marketing tips to help you connect with your target markets, without breaking your budget:
- Brand yourself: Contrary to popular belief, branding your startup or small business is something that you can execute on your own – without blowing your budget! You can establish your corporate identity by creating a great logo yourself using Photoshop, or you can take advantage of freelancing networks such as elance.com or guru.com where you can post your logo project, set your budget and have graphic designers bid on your project. Once you develop your logo, you can further…
Tips To Create An Effective Media List
Putting together an effective media list is one of the first steps in engaging the media and getting coverage for your startup or small business.
In its simplest form, a media list is essentially a document outlining key media contacts, publications and areas of expertise.
Creating an effective media list will ensure that your pitches and news releases are targeted towards the most appropriate media contact and publication to ensure that the person who gets your pitch sees value in covering it. This is why it is important to strategically select and target the media most relevant to your business or industry.
In the digital age, media lists are no longer limited to including just reporters – your media list should include journalists, editors, bloggers, freelance writers, and producers across print, radio, television, and online outlets.
Here are some great tips to help you create highly effective media lists to maximize your PR efforts:
- Identify your target audience: Everything in media relations is centered on one very important…
- How To Use Content Marketing As An Effective PR Tool
- Mobile Content Marketing Tips for Small Business
- Tips To Maximize Small Business Social Media Marketing
- Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses & Startups
- Tips To Create An Effective Media List
- Marketing Metrics that Matter
- Time To Start Your 2014 Communication Planning!
- PR Tips for Startups and Small Businesses
- Signs Your Social Media Campaign is Working
- Are You Really Reaching Your Target Audience?
- Blogging as a PR Tool
- Mobile Social Media Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business
- Doing PR Right Can Make Or Break Your Business
- “Do it Yourself” Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- Simplify Your Content Marketing With An Editorial Calendar
- Content Marketing: A Guide For Small Business
- Tips To Create An Effective Communications Plan
- The Essential Social Media Networks For Your Small Business
- Effective Tips To Pitch The Media
- Content Marketing & PR: One in the Same?
- Small Business News Release Writing Tips
- 6 Reasons You Might Not Be Getting Maximum Results From Your PR Efforts
- How To Pick The Right PR Agency For Your Small Business
- Twitter. Facebook. Google+. Pinterest…Why Do They Matter To Your Small Business?
- PR or Advertising?
- Public Relations – A Must Have For Any Business
Latest TweetsFollow @FreshPRspectiv
- The Most Affordable Communication Tools for Small Businesses: https://t.co/lI9xUTE3sc,
- 3 #PR & #Marketing Tactics to Dump in 2017: https://t.co/gVg2hplZ0q,
- How to Use Instagram Live: https://t.co/naXDgonlwL,
- 5 Things Not to Do if You Want to Get Press Coverage: https://t.co/P8rVN70QY1,
- New #Marketing & #PR Strategies Beat the Traditional Sales Pitch: https://t.co/47mFvkI9P2,
- Top Metrics for Measuring #PR Effectiveness: https://t.co/xr6qZ4RNvU,
- 10 marketing trends to watch for in 2017: https://t.co/qS969caX7f,
- Are comments a good tactic in #PR? https://t.co/3iOLD6xe7T,
- 5 terrible writing habits to avoid: https://t.co/YpHhsASUtg,
- How to Create Shareable Content that Will Get Your PR Efforts Noticed: https://t.co/6OpFHaHjhy,
- How to Craft a More Strategic Communications Plan with Big Data: https://t.co/i0F02lPmZf,
- How to Find Your Target Audience in Two Questions: https://t.co/ZCE9bml5qh,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/4h8Ju0yJ30,
- TEDx: A Recipe for #PR Success https://t.co/j2pr60iPsV,
- Public Relations Trends to Look Out for in 2017: https://t.co/c0ByY9umMv,
- Using Social Media at an Event: A How To Guide https://t.co/jjyk7seb86,
- How to Pitch Health, Medical and Fitness Stories: https://t.co/kHzFsrRZ5o #MediaRelations #PR,
- Measuring #PR in an Earned, Owned, Paid World: https://t.co/odnIqD5dA0,
- Creating a Communal Narrative: A Case for Skipping the Press Release: https://t.co/mBtMmrSFvn,
- Marketing checklist: 3 quick tips to kick off 2017 https://t.co/xRAL1DPpOg,
- The Biggest #PR Disasters Of 2016: https://t.co/bkOeCmalYQ,
- How to Get Your CSR Story Covered, Even Now: https://t.co/AdpJYfdN2e,
- One Prediction Each for PR, Content Marketing and Social Media: https://t.co/mlQ7sBMGzL,
- Tips for successful #storytelling: https://t.co/bW2yuEFii1,
- 8 Do’s and Don’ts for Connecting With Journalists on Social Media: https://t.co/v9MffwbWHg,
- How to Take the Fear Out of Live Streaming Your Brand: https://t.co/ER1VYdQ33d,
- Customer Experience Starts With Understanding Customer Experiences And Then Designing Them: https://t.co/c5dGiBZrBm,
- Snapchat Marketing Statistics [Infographic] https://t.co/4N3NHtT8Zk,
- 10 Marketing Tips to Grow Your Small Business Facebook Page Audience: https://t.co/CFb5GmVNzT,
- Six Crisis Communication Lessons to Running Your Business During an Emergency: https://t.co/DzWWZdFX6w,
- 5 Reasons You Should Show Personality in a Press Release: https://t.co/KSeU2nrrjH,
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing: Social media advertising targeting capabilities revealed https://t.co/Zjx5TXsLJM,
- 7 Startup PR Strategies That Will Bring You to the Top: https://t.co/JebBg4Ys2T,
- Customer experience matters, but customer confidence matters more: https://t.co/vEUSVNV4RS,
- Why Social Networks Need to Be Part of Your Holiday Sales Strategy: https://t.co/U0EbzCmXyV,
- How to Unlock Your Small Business PR Potential with Owned Content: https://t.co/Wwkz8EOoYE,
- Does Your Communications Strategy Need a Makeover? https://t.co/fCWMawkozY,
- 5 PR tips to promote your podcast: https://t.co/hhWkTRzTe2,
- How to use PR to create an amazing link building strategy: https://t.co/6gZeCXhuv7,
- How to Plan Content for Your Product Launch: https://t.co/3pVIPJm9H7,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/SQhQwupsMn,
- Twitter Analytics 411: Best Practices for Tracking Metrics and Increasing Engagement https://t.co/wS6h8oI3Eo,
- How to Overcome 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges: https://t.co/5ZPiqXtPaY,
- 6 Ways PR and Content Marketing Can Swap Tactics for Success: https://t.co/QoMZ8GJhsT,
- 3 Tips for Pitching Journalists [VIDEO] https://t.co/o8569vsAB8,
- Storytelling, PR, and Measurement: https://t.co/PRP1Ney9nh,
- How to Use Micro-Influencers to Build Brand Engagement: https://t.co/bcGtsf4cGU,
- How to Podcast the Right Way: https://t.co/e6JWRDXZw3,
- 3 Scroll-Stopping Video Ads for Instagram Inspiration: https://t.co/Q76nH2flYE,
- 4 ways to marry SEO and content marketing: https://t.co/ZTyPoHCfbd,
- 22 PR Tools and Resources: https://t.co/oamk3S9x3u,
- 10 surprisingly simple ways to create unique content: https://t.co/0ceZHuil8x,
- How to make a journalist ask you the question you really want to answer: https://t.co/23MzQp49Fz,
- 6 Insider Tips to Increase Your Brand Awareness: https://t.co/pVi9I4QpHs,
- The Power of Influence: How People are Changing Social Media: https://t.co/RAoGxn5PXo,
- The Impact of Social Media on Small Business Blogging: https://t.co/ZWIqYJGtgp,
- How to get your social media audience engaging with you elsewhere: https://t.co/cJJQ3bpJrG,
- Building A Modern Brand: Strategy, Creativity and Agility: https://t.co/hqr6fvgZap,
- What’s the difference between social media and new media? https://t.co/lJii0PrQUS,
- 8 Blogger Tools to Help Promote Your Content: https://t.co/d6Q82qXmui,
- 3 Tools for Social Media Listening on a Budget: https://t.co/3zhZvD1WRU,
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Search Rank With Social Media: https://t.co/T2i6rV36d9,
- Creating Infographics for Your Small Business: https://t.co/5PXCWzKcdC,
- Does Your Brand Get the Attention It Deserves? https://t.co/hfMAHsUCzm,
- Score a Touchdown with Your Marketing Plan: https://t.co/01h6hpbvR4,
- Command Your Audience: 10 Tips for Impactful Thought Leadership Content https://t.co/EAWlJNeaDI,
- How to Track the Return on Social Media Traffic: https://t.co/pqv8I9QCGK,
- How to Create B2B Content That Drives Leads: https://t.co/RjUgMTSvld,
- Does emotion have a place in PR? https://t.co/PyUgTe5IDp,
- Checklist for Your New Website: https://t.co/nGuQh7QXDS,
- 3 Ideas for Creatively Formatting Your Press Release: https://t.co/ti5MREAtse,
- Getting Started with Your Social Media Marketing Strategy: https://t.co/vu99LFbeTz,
- Why Storytelling in Marketing is a Powerful Strategy: https://t.co/fLefhwoPUH,
- Cut the Complexity in Your PR Pitches: https://t.co/w5ibRa0cN1,
- Reasons why Small Businesses are Adopting Video Conferencing: https://t.co/s64okieXnN,
- May the Force be with you: 3 Marketing Lessons from Star Wars https://t.co/zNRp1LTTd1,
- The ABCs of Tweeting Your Way to PR Success: https://t.co/sdL9a9cOUa,
- Refresh Your Ideas: 7 Ideas to Update Old Content: https://t.co/dcwZ5sfBxH,
- Get More out of Event Evaluation: https://t.co/gviipWX6mG,
- Combining PR and social media – the key to success: https://t.co/HBsAUOSp8S,