Marketing Metrics that Matter
When taking a look at your marketing metrics, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and confused trying to figure out which metrics matter to your small business, and which ones don’t.
This may end up proving to be a costly burden on your marketing budget. This is why we decided to share this infographic created by www.pardot.com, it details which marketing metrics you should pay attention to, and which ones aren’t giving you the info that really matters to your small business.
When it comes to email metrics, it’s important to get metrics like the number of leads generated, the click through rate, cost per lead, and lead quality, to make sure your emails are hitting the right customers.
With social metrics, number of fans or re-tweets may seem important, however, they pale in usage compared to the number of leads generated, how many deals were closed, your audience’s purchasing behavior, and referrals.
If you’re paying for search metrics, always pay attention to the number of leads,…Read more...
Time To Start Your 2014 Communication Planning!
With 2013 wrapping up, now is the perfect time to look ahead and map out your communication goals for 2014 and build a solid plan to get you there!
The process of setting goals, strategies, tactics, evaluation methods and budgets for your PR, Social Media, Advertising, and Marketing activities for an entire year may seem daunting at first, but it doesn’t have to be.
A great starting point is to have a look at 2013’s communications plan and evaluate what worked, what didn’t, and what improvements you can make for 2014.
After evaluating your old communications plan, here are some tips to help you craft an integrated communications plan for 2014:
- Set SMART goals: The core of any business or communications plan is centered around SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound) goals. In order to measure success, your goals need to be as clearly defined as possible; make sure to align your communication goals with your business goals – your communication goals are there to support your…
PR Tips for Startups and Small Businesses
Most startups and small businesses might be hesitant when it comes to developing and managing their own PR, but with some time spent understanding the processes involved, it is possible to manage your PR effectively.
Your PR campaigns and activities should be part of your overall business plan as PR is the function that crafts and manages your reputation which will ultimately increase trust in your products, services, and your brand.
Here are some steps to guide you through setting up and executing a PR plan or campaign:
- Develop your key messages: Your key messages are the core ideas you want to communicate to your audiences. Take your time in crafting these messages as they will serve as the basis for all your communications. Crafting your key messages is also a great way to focus your communication strategy and ensure that your PR activities stay on point.
- Identify your target audiences: Your target audience is made up of people who are, or could potentially be interested in your…
Signs Your Social Media Campaign is Working
Startups and small businesses know how important social media is for business and they are embracing it like never before.
But how do you know if your social media activities and campaigns are actually working? How do you determine if or how social media is impacting your business? One thing to keep in mind when designing your social media campaigns is that you need to set clear goals at the beginning of each campaign so that you can then effectively measure and evaluate your results.
Here are some indicators to help you determine if your social media campaigns are working:
- Growth in numbers: A surge in likes/views/followers on any of your social network is a sign that your message is reaching people and they are connecting with your brand on social channels. To give you a better idea if your campaign is working, track these metrics before your launch your campaign and then compare the numbers after the campaign.
- More engagement: Having your content shared on…
Are You Really Reaching Your Target Audience?
Your target audience is made up of people who are, or could potentially be interested in your brand’s products and services. These people are essentially the lifeline of your small business, and making sure you target your communication activities to them could make or break your brand, literally.
When devising your PR, Marketing and Social Media strategies and tactics, identifying your target audience is the most critical step of the overall communication planning process.
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that your products and services are for everyone – even if your product or service has wide appeal, you still need to identify your core target audience so that your communications can be tailored to them.
Defining your target audience and targeting them will allow you to reach them in a way that is meaningful and inspires action – your goal is to build a relationship with them, encourage them to become customers or clients which will in turn build your brand awareness and increase your…Read more...
- How To Use Content Marketing As An Effective PR Tool
- Mobile Content Marketing Tips for Small Business
- Tips To Maximize Small Business Social Media Marketing
- Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses & Startups
- Tips To Create An Effective Media List
- Marketing Metrics that Matter
- Time To Start Your 2014 Communication Planning!
- PR Tips for Startups and Small Businesses
- Signs Your Social Media Campaign is Working
- Are You Really Reaching Your Target Audience?
- Blogging as a PR Tool
- Mobile Social Media Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business
- Doing PR Right Can Make Or Break Your Business
- “Do it Yourself” Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- Simplify Your Content Marketing With An Editorial Calendar
- Content Marketing: A Guide For Small Business
- Tips To Create An Effective Communications Plan
- The Essential Social Media Networks For Your Small Business
- Effective Tips To Pitch The Media
- Content Marketing & PR: One in the Same?
- Small Business News Release Writing Tips
- 6 Reasons You Might Not Be Getting Maximum Results From Your PR Efforts
- How To Pick The Right PR Agency For Your Small Business
- Twitter. Facebook. Google+. Pinterest…Why Do They Matter To Your Small Business?
- PR or Advertising?
- Public Relations – A Must Have For Any Business
Latest TweetsFollow @FreshPRspectiv
- The Most Affordable Communication Tools for Small Businesses: https://t.co/lI9xUTE3sc,
- 3 #PR & #Marketing Tactics to Dump in 2017: https://t.co/gVg2hplZ0q,
- How to Use Instagram Live: https://t.co/naXDgonlwL,
- 5 Things Not to Do if You Want to Get Press Coverage: https://t.co/P8rVN70QY1,
- New #Marketing & #PR Strategies Beat the Traditional Sales Pitch: https://t.co/47mFvkI9P2,
- Top Metrics for Measuring #PR Effectiveness: https://t.co/xr6qZ4RNvU,
- 10 marketing trends to watch for in 2017: https://t.co/qS969caX7f,
- Are comments a good tactic in #PR? https://t.co/3iOLD6xe7T,
- 5 terrible writing habits to avoid: https://t.co/YpHhsASUtg,
- How to Create Shareable Content that Will Get Your PR Efforts Noticed: https://t.co/6OpFHaHjhy,
- How to Craft a More Strategic Communications Plan with Big Data: https://t.co/i0F02lPmZf,
- How to Find Your Target Audience in Two Questions: https://t.co/ZCE9bml5qh,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/4h8Ju0yJ30,
- TEDx: A Recipe for #PR Success https://t.co/j2pr60iPsV,
- Public Relations Trends to Look Out for in 2017: https://t.co/c0ByY9umMv,
- Using Social Media at an Event: A How To Guide https://t.co/jjyk7seb86,
- How to Pitch Health, Medical and Fitness Stories: https://t.co/kHzFsrRZ5o #MediaRelations #PR,
- Measuring #PR in an Earned, Owned, Paid World: https://t.co/odnIqD5dA0,
- Creating a Communal Narrative: A Case for Skipping the Press Release: https://t.co/mBtMmrSFvn,
- Marketing checklist: 3 quick tips to kick off 2017 https://t.co/xRAL1DPpOg,
- The Biggest #PR Disasters Of 2016: https://t.co/bkOeCmalYQ,
- How to Get Your CSR Story Covered, Even Now: https://t.co/AdpJYfdN2e,
- One Prediction Each for PR, Content Marketing and Social Media: https://t.co/mlQ7sBMGzL,
- Tips for successful #storytelling: https://t.co/bW2yuEFii1,
- 8 Do’s and Don’ts for Connecting With Journalists on Social Media: https://t.co/v9MffwbWHg,
- How to Take the Fear Out of Live Streaming Your Brand: https://t.co/ER1VYdQ33d,
- Customer Experience Starts With Understanding Customer Experiences And Then Designing Them: https://t.co/c5dGiBZrBm,
- Snapchat Marketing Statistics [Infographic] https://t.co/4N3NHtT8Zk,
- 10 Marketing Tips to Grow Your Small Business Facebook Page Audience: https://t.co/CFb5GmVNzT,
- Six Crisis Communication Lessons to Running Your Business During an Emergency: https://t.co/DzWWZdFX6w,
- 5 Reasons You Should Show Personality in a Press Release: https://t.co/KSeU2nrrjH,
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing: Social media advertising targeting capabilities revealed https://t.co/Zjx5TXsLJM,
- 7 Startup PR Strategies That Will Bring You to the Top: https://t.co/JebBg4Ys2T,
- Customer experience matters, but customer confidence matters more: https://t.co/vEUSVNV4RS,
- Why Social Networks Need to Be Part of Your Holiday Sales Strategy: https://t.co/U0EbzCmXyV,
- How to Unlock Your Small Business PR Potential with Owned Content: https://t.co/Wwkz8EOoYE,
- Does Your Communications Strategy Need a Makeover? https://t.co/fCWMawkozY,
- 5 PR tips to promote your podcast: https://t.co/hhWkTRzTe2,
- How to use PR to create an amazing link building strategy: https://t.co/6gZeCXhuv7,
- How to Plan Content for Your Product Launch: https://t.co/3pVIPJm9H7,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/SQhQwupsMn,
- Twitter Analytics 411: Best Practices for Tracking Metrics and Increasing Engagement https://t.co/wS6h8oI3Eo,
- How to Overcome 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges: https://t.co/5ZPiqXtPaY,
- 6 Ways PR and Content Marketing Can Swap Tactics for Success: https://t.co/QoMZ8GJhsT,
- 3 Tips for Pitching Journalists [VIDEO] https://t.co/o8569vsAB8,
- Storytelling, PR, and Measurement: https://t.co/PRP1Ney9nh,
- How to Use Micro-Influencers to Build Brand Engagement: https://t.co/bcGtsf4cGU,
- How to Podcast the Right Way: https://t.co/e6JWRDXZw3,
- 3 Scroll-Stopping Video Ads for Instagram Inspiration: https://t.co/Q76nH2flYE,
- 4 ways to marry SEO and content marketing: https://t.co/ZTyPoHCfbd,
- 22 PR Tools and Resources: https://t.co/oamk3S9x3u,
- 10 surprisingly simple ways to create unique content: https://t.co/0ceZHuil8x,
- How to make a journalist ask you the question you really want to answer: https://t.co/23MzQp49Fz,
- 6 Insider Tips to Increase Your Brand Awareness: https://t.co/pVi9I4QpHs,
- The Power of Influence: How People are Changing Social Media: https://t.co/RAoGxn5PXo,
- The Impact of Social Media on Small Business Blogging: https://t.co/ZWIqYJGtgp,
- How to get your social media audience engaging with you elsewhere: https://t.co/cJJQ3bpJrG,
- Building A Modern Brand: Strategy, Creativity and Agility: https://t.co/hqr6fvgZap,
- What’s the difference between social media and new media? https://t.co/lJii0PrQUS,
- 8 Blogger Tools to Help Promote Your Content: https://t.co/d6Q82qXmui,
- 3 Tools for Social Media Listening on a Budget: https://t.co/3zhZvD1WRU,
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Search Rank With Social Media: https://t.co/T2i6rV36d9,
- Creating Infographics for Your Small Business: https://t.co/5PXCWzKcdC,
- Does Your Brand Get the Attention It Deserves? https://t.co/hfMAHsUCzm,
- Score a Touchdown with Your Marketing Plan: https://t.co/01h6hpbvR4,
- Command Your Audience: 10 Tips for Impactful Thought Leadership Content https://t.co/EAWlJNeaDI,
- How to Track the Return on Social Media Traffic: https://t.co/pqv8I9QCGK,
- How to Create B2B Content That Drives Leads: https://t.co/RjUgMTSvld,
- Does emotion have a place in PR? https://t.co/PyUgTe5IDp,
- Checklist for Your New Website: https://t.co/nGuQh7QXDS,
- 3 Ideas for Creatively Formatting Your Press Release: https://t.co/ti5MREAtse,
- Getting Started with Your Social Media Marketing Strategy: https://t.co/vu99LFbeTz,
- Why Storytelling in Marketing is a Powerful Strategy: https://t.co/fLefhwoPUH,
- Cut the Complexity in Your PR Pitches: https://t.co/w5ibRa0cN1,
- Reasons why Small Businesses are Adopting Video Conferencing: https://t.co/s64okieXnN,
- May the Force be with you: 3 Marketing Lessons from Star Wars https://t.co/zNRp1LTTd1,
- The ABCs of Tweeting Your Way to PR Success: https://t.co/sdL9a9cOUa,
- Refresh Your Ideas: 7 Ideas to Update Old Content: https://t.co/dcwZ5sfBxH,
- Get More out of Event Evaluation: https://t.co/gviipWX6mG,
- Combining PR and social media – the key to success: https://t.co/HBsAUOSp8S,