Blogging as a PR Tool
As a startup or small business, you’ve probably wondered at some point if adding a blog to your website was absolutely necessary. The simple answer to this question is YES!
Not only do websites with blogs get more traffic than those without, blogging is also a great PR tool to help you to raise awareness of your brand, and it allows you to show off your expertise and build your credibility positioning you as an expert in your market.
So how can you use blogging as an effective PR tool? Here are some tips to help you blog for PR:
- Set your goals: Before you start to blog, start with a clear set of goals of what you are trying to achieve with your blog. Are you trying to promote your business? Are you trying to demonstrate your expertise in your field? Are you trying to showcase your brand’s personality? Setting goals for your blog will help to guide the overall direction and tone of your…
Mobile Social Media Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business
What’s the one device you couldn’t live without for one day?
It’s a safe bet 95% of you said your smartphones, and you aren’t alone! No wonder the importance of mobile marketing continues to grow for small businesses.
So what exactly is mobile marketing? This term refers to many tactics including:
- Text message marketing
- Having a mobile-friendly website that displays your content properly on smartphones and other mobile devices
- Creating special mobile landing pages that include things like business hours, menus, directions, or any other relevant information a customer would want immediately
- Including easily available newsletter/text message sign up links
- Creating click-to-call links with your phone numbers
- QR Codes, add them to any of your print materials so people who scan the QR Code can be driven to your social media pages where they can follow you from their mobile device
And the list goes on, but these are some of the main ways businesses are using mobile marketing to connect with their target markets.
A great way to use mobile marketing effectively…Read more...
Doing PR Right Can Make Or Break Your Business
With thousands upon thousands of new business ventures popping up every day, how can you differentiate your startup or small business and stand out from the rest of the pact?
The answer is simple: you can stand out from the crowd by being strategic about your PR activities.
PR done right gives your business the ability to peak interest, get customers, and grow revenues.
Most new products and services aren’t going to generate buzz and make shockwaves unless it does something really amazing. And let’s be honest, there are a lot of businesses out there with less than stellar ideas and products. But this is where strategic public relations can help by positioning your product or service so that people will take notice – PR has the ability to transform the mundane into something meaningful.
Most small businesses and startups do believe that PR is one of the main ingredients in their recipe for success, however, the way PR drives bottom lines is still an obscure concept for…Read more...
“Do it Yourself” Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
If you’re an entrepreneur or small businesses owner, you know how important marketing is when it comes to getting the word out about your business. You already know how great your product or service is, but letting everyone else know is crucial to your success.
The best way to ‘get the word out’ is through a combination of marketing, PR and social media tactics, but for the purposes of this post, we’re only going to focus on some great “do it yourself” marketing tips for small businesses:
- Freshen up your branding: If you haven’t updated your logo and business cards in a while, maybe now’s a great time to re-brand yourself by tweaking your branding materials. Always make sure your logo is eye catching and communicates what you want to say about your brand. When it comes to your business cards, think outside the box and get creative, for example, have you thought of incorporating an interactive QR Code that directs potential clients to a…
Simplify Your Content Marketing With An Editorial Calendar
In order for your small business to be successful with content marketing, you need to be strategic in producing content that strikes a chord with your audiences and connects with their needs. In other words, your content needs to ‘hook’ your audience and make them keep coming back for more!
The whole point of content marketing is to educate, without trying to sell, so that your customers are able to make informed decisions, and because you provided them with that knowledge, they are more likely to feel a connection to your brand.
So how do you decide on the right content topics? Most people simply pick topics when they sit down to write, but a better way of simplifying and organizing your content for maximum effect is through an editorial calendar that strategically lays out your content marketing activities for a set period of time.
Before you create your editorial calendar, here are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- Who are your target audiences?
- What topics are they…
- How To Use Content Marketing As An Effective PR Tool
- Mobile Content Marketing Tips for Small Business
- Tips To Maximize Small Business Social Media Marketing
- Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses & Startups
- Tips To Create An Effective Media List
- Marketing Metrics that Matter
- Time To Start Your 2014 Communication Planning!
- PR Tips for Startups and Small Businesses
- Signs Your Social Media Campaign is Working
- Are You Really Reaching Your Target Audience?
- Blogging as a PR Tool
- Mobile Social Media Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business
- Doing PR Right Can Make Or Break Your Business
- “Do it Yourself” Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- Simplify Your Content Marketing With An Editorial Calendar
- Content Marketing: A Guide For Small Business
- Tips To Create An Effective Communications Plan
- The Essential Social Media Networks For Your Small Business
- Effective Tips To Pitch The Media
- Content Marketing & PR: One in the Same?
- Small Business News Release Writing Tips
- 6 Reasons You Might Not Be Getting Maximum Results From Your PR Efforts
- How To Pick The Right PR Agency For Your Small Business
- Twitter. Facebook. Google+. Pinterest…Why Do They Matter To Your Small Business?
- PR or Advertising?
- Public Relations – A Must Have For Any Business
Latest TweetsFollow @FreshPRspectiv
- The Most Affordable Communication Tools for Small Businesses: https://t.co/lI9xUTE3sc,
- 3 #PR & #Marketing Tactics to Dump in 2017: https://t.co/gVg2hplZ0q,
- How to Use Instagram Live: https://t.co/naXDgonlwL,
- 5 Things Not to Do if You Want to Get Press Coverage: https://t.co/P8rVN70QY1,
- New #Marketing & #PR Strategies Beat the Traditional Sales Pitch: https://t.co/47mFvkI9P2,
- Top Metrics for Measuring #PR Effectiveness: https://t.co/xr6qZ4RNvU,
- 10 marketing trends to watch for in 2017: https://t.co/qS969caX7f,
- Are comments a good tactic in #PR? https://t.co/3iOLD6xe7T,
- 5 terrible writing habits to avoid: https://t.co/YpHhsASUtg,
- How to Create Shareable Content that Will Get Your PR Efforts Noticed: https://t.co/6OpFHaHjhy,
- How to Craft a More Strategic Communications Plan with Big Data: https://t.co/i0F02lPmZf,
- How to Find Your Target Audience in Two Questions: https://t.co/ZCE9bml5qh,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/4h8Ju0yJ30,
- TEDx: A Recipe for #PR Success https://t.co/j2pr60iPsV,
- Public Relations Trends to Look Out for in 2017: https://t.co/c0ByY9umMv,
- Using Social Media at an Event: A How To Guide https://t.co/jjyk7seb86,
- How to Pitch Health, Medical and Fitness Stories: https://t.co/kHzFsrRZ5o #MediaRelations #PR,
- Measuring #PR in an Earned, Owned, Paid World: https://t.co/odnIqD5dA0,
- Creating a Communal Narrative: A Case for Skipping the Press Release: https://t.co/mBtMmrSFvn,
- Marketing checklist: 3 quick tips to kick off 2017 https://t.co/xRAL1DPpOg,
- The Biggest #PR Disasters Of 2016: https://t.co/bkOeCmalYQ,
- How to Get Your CSR Story Covered, Even Now: https://t.co/AdpJYfdN2e,
- One Prediction Each for PR, Content Marketing and Social Media: https://t.co/mlQ7sBMGzL,
- Tips for successful #storytelling: https://t.co/bW2yuEFii1,
- 8 Do’s and Don’ts for Connecting With Journalists on Social Media: https://t.co/v9MffwbWHg,
- How to Take the Fear Out of Live Streaming Your Brand: https://t.co/ER1VYdQ33d,
- Customer Experience Starts With Understanding Customer Experiences And Then Designing Them: https://t.co/c5dGiBZrBm,
- Snapchat Marketing Statistics [Infographic] https://t.co/4N3NHtT8Zk,
- 10 Marketing Tips to Grow Your Small Business Facebook Page Audience: https://t.co/CFb5GmVNzT,
- Six Crisis Communication Lessons to Running Your Business During an Emergency: https://t.co/DzWWZdFX6w,
- 5 Reasons You Should Show Personality in a Press Release: https://t.co/KSeU2nrrjH,
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing: Social media advertising targeting capabilities revealed https://t.co/Zjx5TXsLJM,
- 7 Startup PR Strategies That Will Bring You to the Top: https://t.co/JebBg4Ys2T,
- Customer experience matters, but customer confidence matters more: https://t.co/vEUSVNV4RS,
- Why Social Networks Need to Be Part of Your Holiday Sales Strategy: https://t.co/U0EbzCmXyV,
- How to Unlock Your Small Business PR Potential with Owned Content: https://t.co/Wwkz8EOoYE,
- Does Your Communications Strategy Need a Makeover? https://t.co/fCWMawkozY,
- 5 PR tips to promote your podcast: https://t.co/hhWkTRzTe2,
- How to use PR to create an amazing link building strategy: https://t.co/6gZeCXhuv7,
- How to Plan Content for Your Product Launch: https://t.co/3pVIPJm9H7,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/SQhQwupsMn,
- Twitter Analytics 411: Best Practices for Tracking Metrics and Increasing Engagement https://t.co/wS6h8oI3Eo,
- How to Overcome 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges: https://t.co/5ZPiqXtPaY,
- 6 Ways PR and Content Marketing Can Swap Tactics for Success: https://t.co/QoMZ8GJhsT,
- 3 Tips for Pitching Journalists [VIDEO] https://t.co/o8569vsAB8,
- Storytelling, PR, and Measurement: https://t.co/PRP1Ney9nh,
- How to Use Micro-Influencers to Build Brand Engagement: https://t.co/bcGtsf4cGU,
- How to Podcast the Right Way: https://t.co/e6JWRDXZw3,
- 3 Scroll-Stopping Video Ads for Instagram Inspiration: https://t.co/Q76nH2flYE,
- 4 ways to marry SEO and content marketing: https://t.co/ZTyPoHCfbd,
- 22 PR Tools and Resources: https://t.co/oamk3S9x3u,
- 10 surprisingly simple ways to create unique content: https://t.co/0ceZHuil8x,
- How to make a journalist ask you the question you really want to answer: https://t.co/23MzQp49Fz,
- 6 Insider Tips to Increase Your Brand Awareness: https://t.co/pVi9I4QpHs,
- The Power of Influence: How People are Changing Social Media: https://t.co/RAoGxn5PXo,
- The Impact of Social Media on Small Business Blogging: https://t.co/ZWIqYJGtgp,
- How to get your social media audience engaging with you elsewhere: https://t.co/cJJQ3bpJrG,
- Building A Modern Brand: Strategy, Creativity and Agility: https://t.co/hqr6fvgZap,
- What’s the difference between social media and new media? https://t.co/lJii0PrQUS,
- 8 Blogger Tools to Help Promote Your Content: https://t.co/d6Q82qXmui,
- 3 Tools for Social Media Listening on a Budget: https://t.co/3zhZvD1WRU,
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Search Rank With Social Media: https://t.co/T2i6rV36d9,
- Creating Infographics for Your Small Business: https://t.co/5PXCWzKcdC,
- Does Your Brand Get the Attention It Deserves? https://t.co/hfMAHsUCzm,
- Score a Touchdown with Your Marketing Plan: https://t.co/01h6hpbvR4,
- Command Your Audience: 10 Tips for Impactful Thought Leadership Content https://t.co/EAWlJNeaDI,
- How to Track the Return on Social Media Traffic: https://t.co/pqv8I9QCGK,
- How to Create B2B Content That Drives Leads: https://t.co/RjUgMTSvld,
- Does emotion have a place in PR? https://t.co/PyUgTe5IDp,
- Checklist for Your New Website: https://t.co/nGuQh7QXDS,
- 3 Ideas for Creatively Formatting Your Press Release: https://t.co/ti5MREAtse,
- Getting Started with Your Social Media Marketing Strategy: https://t.co/vu99LFbeTz,
- Why Storytelling in Marketing is a Powerful Strategy: https://t.co/fLefhwoPUH,
- Cut the Complexity in Your PR Pitches: https://t.co/w5ibRa0cN1,
- Reasons why Small Businesses are Adopting Video Conferencing: https://t.co/s64okieXnN,
- May the Force be with you: 3 Marketing Lessons from Star Wars https://t.co/zNRp1LTTd1,
- The ABCs of Tweeting Your Way to PR Success: https://t.co/sdL9a9cOUa,
- Refresh Your Ideas: 7 Ideas to Update Old Content: https://t.co/dcwZ5sfBxH,
- Get More out of Event Evaluation: https://t.co/gviipWX6mG,
- Combining PR and social media – the key to success: https://t.co/HBsAUOSp8S,