Content Marketing: A Guide For Small Business
In case you haven’t already noticed, content marketing is now all the rage for businesses of all sizes, and especially small businesses.
According to a survey by BusinessBolts.com, three-quarters of small businesses are engaged in content marketing, and 74% said they plan to increase their content marketing budget in the next year. The study also says small businesses are finding benefits in traffic, search rankings and brand building in exchange for minimal effort.
So what exactly is content marketing? This is the best definition we’ve come across: content marketing is the ability of a business to create and communicate educational information to existing and potential customers in a meaningful way that drives trust and creates a connection.
As you can see, the main goal of content marketing is to educate rather than sell; by positioning yourself and your brand as an authority aiming to educate, the selling is far more subtle, and this approach will build trust in the long-run.
So how are small businesses using content marketing?…Read more...
Tips To Create An Effective Communications Plan
With a new year just starting, now is the perfect time to look ahead and set your communication goals for 2013 and build a solid plan to get you there!
The thought of mapping out all of your PR, Social Media, Advertising, and Marketing activities for the upcoming year may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be.
A good place to start is by reviewing last year’s communications plan and reflecting on what activities went well, what didn’t, what were the most effective tactics and how you can make them even better this year.
Once you do some reflecting, here are some great tips to help you craft a winning communications plan:
Set specific goals: The core of any business or communications plan is centered around strategic goals. In order to measure success, your goals need to be as clearly defined as possible; make sure your goals follow the SMART principle (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound).Also, always make sure to align your communication goals with your…Read more...
The Essential Social Media Networks For Your Small Business
So you’ve finally decided to take the Social Media plunge for your small business, and you’re suddenly feeling a surge of panic as you realize there are hundreds of social networks out there, how do you choose?
Take a deep breath and relax, it doesn’t have to be so overwhelming. The key to choosing the right social networks for your small business is to first take the time to do some research on each network and then decide if it’s the right fit for your overall Social Media strategy.
That being said, there are some social networks that are essential for your small business to join as part of your Social Media strategy, think of them as the foundation of your overall Social Media presence –by joining these networks you’ll be well on your way to becoming a socially savvy small biz:
Facebook: Ok be honest, don’t you find it strange when you find out that someone doesn’t have a Facebook profile? What do you think your…Read more...
Effective Tips To Pitch The Media
Being featured in the media is a great cost-effective way to generate exposure for your business. For most entrepreneurs and small business owners, being featured in the news is the essence of PR to them (media relations is actually only one facet of PR, but we’ll leave this topic for another post!).
Effective media pitching is more of an art than a science. Keep in mind that most reporters receive hundreds, if not thousands, of pitches a week so making sure that your pitch peaks their interest is critical.
Before you make your pitch, you must first hash out your story, define your audience, and choose your angle – doing this will help you to organize your thoughts when you contact a reporter, and it will also help you to target your pitch to the right media outlets.
It is important to remember that each individual reporter or news editor will have their own criteria for selecting pitches to pursue and feature, so with that in…Read more...
Content Marketing & PR: One in the Same?
PR and Content Marketing have expanded over a wide variety of different channels in recent times and the two realms are now colliding like never before!
As a small business owner, it is extremely important to realize the benefits that you will experience by employing effective Content Marketing tactics. By providing timely, relevant, and useful information, you will be able to attract customers and build a loyal following that will drive your bottom line.
Below we will discuss the importance of Content Marketing for small businesses, and we will also discuss tips that you can use to ensure that you get the most out of your Content Marketing activities.
The first step to harnessing the power within Content Marketing is to understand how it fits into the PR equation. Public Relations is focused on influencing opinions and managing reputations, while Content Marketing is focused on lead generation and sales. With both, the practices involved are used to spread awareness and create a loyal following…Read more...
- How To Use Content Marketing As An Effective PR Tool
- Mobile Content Marketing Tips for Small Business
- Tips To Maximize Small Business Social Media Marketing
- Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses & Startups
- Tips To Create An Effective Media List
- Marketing Metrics that Matter
- Time To Start Your 2014 Communication Planning!
- PR Tips for Startups and Small Businesses
- Signs Your Social Media Campaign is Working
- Are You Really Reaching Your Target Audience?
- Blogging as a PR Tool
- Mobile Social Media Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business
- Doing PR Right Can Make Or Break Your Business
- “Do it Yourself” Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- Simplify Your Content Marketing With An Editorial Calendar
- Content Marketing: A Guide For Small Business
- Tips To Create An Effective Communications Plan
- The Essential Social Media Networks For Your Small Business
- Effective Tips To Pitch The Media
- Content Marketing & PR: One in the Same?
- Small Business News Release Writing Tips
- 6 Reasons You Might Not Be Getting Maximum Results From Your PR Efforts
- How To Pick The Right PR Agency For Your Small Business
- Twitter. Facebook. Google+. Pinterest…Why Do They Matter To Your Small Business?
- PR or Advertising?
- Public Relations – A Must Have For Any Business
Latest TweetsFollow @FreshPRspectiv
- The Most Affordable Communication Tools for Small Businesses: https://t.co/lI9xUTE3sc,
- 3 #PR & #Marketing Tactics to Dump in 2017: https://t.co/gVg2hplZ0q,
- How to Use Instagram Live: https://t.co/naXDgonlwL,
- 5 Things Not to Do if You Want to Get Press Coverage: https://t.co/P8rVN70QY1,
- New #Marketing & #PR Strategies Beat the Traditional Sales Pitch: https://t.co/47mFvkI9P2,
- Top Metrics for Measuring #PR Effectiveness: https://t.co/xr6qZ4RNvU,
- 10 marketing trends to watch for in 2017: https://t.co/qS969caX7f,
- Are comments a good tactic in #PR? https://t.co/3iOLD6xe7T,
- 5 terrible writing habits to avoid: https://t.co/YpHhsASUtg,
- How to Create Shareable Content that Will Get Your PR Efforts Noticed: https://t.co/6OpFHaHjhy,
- How to Craft a More Strategic Communications Plan with Big Data: https://t.co/i0F02lPmZf,
- How to Find Your Target Audience in Two Questions: https://t.co/ZCE9bml5qh,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/4h8Ju0yJ30,
- TEDx: A Recipe for #PR Success https://t.co/j2pr60iPsV,
- Public Relations Trends to Look Out for in 2017: https://t.co/c0ByY9umMv,
- Using Social Media at an Event: A How To Guide https://t.co/jjyk7seb86,
- How to Pitch Health, Medical and Fitness Stories: https://t.co/kHzFsrRZ5o #MediaRelations #PR,
- Measuring #PR in an Earned, Owned, Paid World: https://t.co/odnIqD5dA0,
- Creating a Communal Narrative: A Case for Skipping the Press Release: https://t.co/mBtMmrSFvn,
- Marketing checklist: 3 quick tips to kick off 2017 https://t.co/xRAL1DPpOg,
- The Biggest #PR Disasters Of 2016: https://t.co/bkOeCmalYQ,
- How to Get Your CSR Story Covered, Even Now: https://t.co/AdpJYfdN2e,
- One Prediction Each for PR, Content Marketing and Social Media: https://t.co/mlQ7sBMGzL,
- Tips for successful #storytelling: https://t.co/bW2yuEFii1,
- 8 Do’s and Don’ts for Connecting With Journalists on Social Media: https://t.co/v9MffwbWHg,
- How to Take the Fear Out of Live Streaming Your Brand: https://t.co/ER1VYdQ33d,
- Customer Experience Starts With Understanding Customer Experiences And Then Designing Them: https://t.co/c5dGiBZrBm,
- Snapchat Marketing Statistics [Infographic] https://t.co/4N3NHtT8Zk,
- 10 Marketing Tips to Grow Your Small Business Facebook Page Audience: https://t.co/CFb5GmVNzT,
- Six Crisis Communication Lessons to Running Your Business During an Emergency: https://t.co/DzWWZdFX6w,
- 5 Reasons You Should Show Personality in a Press Release: https://t.co/KSeU2nrrjH,
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing: Social media advertising targeting capabilities revealed https://t.co/Zjx5TXsLJM,
- 7 Startup PR Strategies That Will Bring You to the Top: https://t.co/JebBg4Ys2T,
- Customer experience matters, but customer confidence matters more: https://t.co/vEUSVNV4RS,
- Why Social Networks Need to Be Part of Your Holiday Sales Strategy: https://t.co/U0EbzCmXyV,
- How to Unlock Your Small Business PR Potential with Owned Content: https://t.co/Wwkz8EOoYE,
- Does Your Communications Strategy Need a Makeover? https://t.co/fCWMawkozY,
- 5 PR tips to promote your podcast: https://t.co/hhWkTRzTe2,
- How to use PR to create an amazing link building strategy: https://t.co/6gZeCXhuv7,
- How to Plan Content for Your Product Launch: https://t.co/3pVIPJm9H7,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/SQhQwupsMn,
- Twitter Analytics 411: Best Practices for Tracking Metrics and Increasing Engagement https://t.co/wS6h8oI3Eo,
- How to Overcome 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges: https://t.co/5ZPiqXtPaY,
- 6 Ways PR and Content Marketing Can Swap Tactics for Success: https://t.co/QoMZ8GJhsT,
- 3 Tips for Pitching Journalists [VIDEO] https://t.co/o8569vsAB8,
- Storytelling, PR, and Measurement: https://t.co/PRP1Ney9nh,
- How to Use Micro-Influencers to Build Brand Engagement: https://t.co/bcGtsf4cGU,
- How to Podcast the Right Way: https://t.co/e6JWRDXZw3,
- 3 Scroll-Stopping Video Ads for Instagram Inspiration: https://t.co/Q76nH2flYE,
- 4 ways to marry SEO and content marketing: https://t.co/ZTyPoHCfbd,
- 22 PR Tools and Resources: https://t.co/oamk3S9x3u,
- 10 surprisingly simple ways to create unique content: https://t.co/0ceZHuil8x,
- How to make a journalist ask you the question you really want to answer: https://t.co/23MzQp49Fz,
- 6 Insider Tips to Increase Your Brand Awareness: https://t.co/pVi9I4QpHs,
- The Power of Influence: How People are Changing Social Media: https://t.co/RAoGxn5PXo,
- The Impact of Social Media on Small Business Blogging: https://t.co/ZWIqYJGtgp,
- How to get your social media audience engaging with you elsewhere: https://t.co/cJJQ3bpJrG,
- Building A Modern Brand: Strategy, Creativity and Agility: https://t.co/hqr6fvgZap,
- What’s the difference between social media and new media? https://t.co/lJii0PrQUS,
- 8 Blogger Tools to Help Promote Your Content: https://t.co/d6Q82qXmui,
- 3 Tools for Social Media Listening on a Budget: https://t.co/3zhZvD1WRU,
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Search Rank With Social Media: https://t.co/T2i6rV36d9,
- Creating Infographics for Your Small Business: https://t.co/5PXCWzKcdC,
- Does Your Brand Get the Attention It Deserves? https://t.co/hfMAHsUCzm,
- Score a Touchdown with Your Marketing Plan: https://t.co/01h6hpbvR4,
- Command Your Audience: 10 Tips for Impactful Thought Leadership Content https://t.co/EAWlJNeaDI,
- How to Track the Return on Social Media Traffic: https://t.co/pqv8I9QCGK,
- How to Create B2B Content That Drives Leads: https://t.co/RjUgMTSvld,
- Does emotion have a place in PR? https://t.co/PyUgTe5IDp,
- Checklist for Your New Website: https://t.co/nGuQh7QXDS,
- 3 Ideas for Creatively Formatting Your Press Release: https://t.co/ti5MREAtse,
- Getting Started with Your Social Media Marketing Strategy: https://t.co/vu99LFbeTz,
- Why Storytelling in Marketing is a Powerful Strategy: https://t.co/fLefhwoPUH,
- Cut the Complexity in Your PR Pitches: https://t.co/w5ibRa0cN1,
- Reasons why Small Businesses are Adopting Video Conferencing: https://t.co/s64okieXnN,
- May the Force be with you: 3 Marketing Lessons from Star Wars https://t.co/zNRp1LTTd1,
- The ABCs of Tweeting Your Way to PR Success: https://t.co/sdL9a9cOUa,
- Refresh Your Ideas: 7 Ideas to Update Old Content: https://t.co/dcwZ5sfBxH,
- Get More out of Event Evaluation: https://t.co/gviipWX6mG,
- Combining PR and social media – the key to success: https://t.co/HBsAUOSp8S,