Small Business News Release Writing Tips
Writing a News or Press Release for your small business seems like a simple venture for the majority of small business owners, but unfortunately that is not always the case.
Although stringing several sentences together may seem like a task that a student could accomplish, there are a variety of different factors to be considered when writing a News Release for your company.
One of the most important components to creating a News Release is to relay relevant information within a limited amount of space. Although there are individuals who enjoy spending hours reading articles on the internet, you will want to deliver the maximum amount of information in the shortest way possible.
Rather than attempting to write blindly, utilizing these tips will help you to create a grade A News Release rather than an uninformative bunch of text that would otherwise prove to be inefficient.
Firstly, you will want to develop your objective – the reason for writing this News Release, why…Read more...
6 Reasons You Might Not Be Getting Maximum Results From Your PR Efforts
So you’ve finally realized the importance of incorporating PR initiatives into your marketing and advertising strategies. You wrote some news releases, created Facebook and Twitter accounts for your business, did some blogging, and now you’re wondering what it all means and when you’ll see results.
To get maximum results from your PR activities you need to be strategic about what you’re doing otherwise you’ll be waiting on those results for a very long time!
Here are some things you might be doing that are hindering rather than helping your PR efforts:
You don’t have a clear plan: you need to have a clear road map that defines your business goals and aligns them with the best PR strategies and tactics to deliver your company’s message and achieve your goals, on time and on budget!
Your message isn’t clearly defined: developing your key messages is one of the cornerstones of PR and branding, if your message isn’t clearly defined then how are customers/clients and the media supposed to distinguish you from your…Read more...
How To Pick The Right PR Agency For Your Small Business
There was a time when you could send people out with megaphones to let the world know about your business. Fast forward to today, more and more small business owners are realizing the value of using PR methods to get their small businesses noticed.
But how do you know that the PR agency you’ve hired is truly giving you the best big bang for your buck? After all, as a small business owner, you want your dollar to travel to every corner of the universe!
Here are some things to consider that will help steer your business through the process of selecting the right PR firm to fit your unique needs:
- Cost and ROI: Like all good business decisions, this one too is governed by the returns you would get from spending on PR tactics to reach targeted consumers. If you are working with a traditional agency that works on retainer and billable hours, it is best if a campaign (or any… Read more...
Twitter. Facebook. Google+. Pinterest…Why Do They Matter To Your Small Business?
So you went to Mike’s shop at the corner to buy paint. After catching up with him on how his little boy is growing up, you decide to carry on with your Saturday chores. But just as you are leaving, Mike says, “Could you do me a favor? Could you post pics to my Facebook page to let me know how you liked the color combinations I suggested for your bathroom?”
“Umm…Mike, you want me to put up pictures of my bathroom on your Facebook page?”
“Yes. It would help my business.”
“Mike…who would want to read about my bathroom?”
“I’m sure at least one of my 545 fans would be interested.”
You know your baker does it, the artist across the street does it, as does the small boutique gift shop guy you buy those handmade Belgian chocolates from. The question is, are you doing it? Do you use social media, the petrol fueling today’s small businesses?
Whether you like it or ‘Like’ it, social media is the new…Read more...
PR or Advertising?
Log on quickly to your online banking and take a look at your accounts. How much money have you got stashed away? Nothing quite like looking at your finances to make you think twice about your spending and investments!
So why are you wasting your money on expensive advertisements in glossy magazines (that less and less people are buying), or those annoying flyers that are jammed into our mailboxes (and end up in the recycle bin), and on advertisements in the yellow pages (who uses the yellow pages these days?).
Don’t you want to spend your money in the best way possible? Money spent on public relations is far more effective in reaching your target markets than money spent on advertising.
In today’s competitive market, you need to build brand loyalty by engaging the public. This is kind of hard to do with a flyer that gets dropped in the recycle bin or with an expensive advertisement in a magazine or newspaper. Dollars spent on this don’t…Read more...
- How To Use Content Marketing As An Effective PR Tool
- Mobile Content Marketing Tips for Small Business
- Tips To Maximize Small Business Social Media Marketing
- Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses & Startups
- Tips To Create An Effective Media List
- Marketing Metrics that Matter
- Time To Start Your 2014 Communication Planning!
- PR Tips for Startups and Small Businesses
- Signs Your Social Media Campaign is Working
- Are You Really Reaching Your Target Audience?
- Blogging as a PR Tool
- Mobile Social Media Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business
- Doing PR Right Can Make Or Break Your Business
- “Do it Yourself” Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- Simplify Your Content Marketing With An Editorial Calendar
- Content Marketing: A Guide For Small Business
- Tips To Create An Effective Communications Plan
- The Essential Social Media Networks For Your Small Business
- Effective Tips To Pitch The Media
- Content Marketing & PR: One in the Same?
- Small Business News Release Writing Tips
- 6 Reasons You Might Not Be Getting Maximum Results From Your PR Efforts
- How To Pick The Right PR Agency For Your Small Business
- Twitter. Facebook. Google+. Pinterest…Why Do They Matter To Your Small Business?
- PR or Advertising?
- Public Relations – A Must Have For Any Business
Latest TweetsFollow @FreshPRspectiv
- The Most Affordable Communication Tools for Small Businesses: https://t.co/lI9xUTE3sc,
- 3 #PR & #Marketing Tactics to Dump in 2017: https://t.co/gVg2hplZ0q,
- How to Use Instagram Live: https://t.co/naXDgonlwL,
- 5 Things Not to Do if You Want to Get Press Coverage: https://t.co/P8rVN70QY1,
- New #Marketing & #PR Strategies Beat the Traditional Sales Pitch: https://t.co/47mFvkI9P2,
- Top Metrics for Measuring #PR Effectiveness: https://t.co/xr6qZ4RNvU,
- 10 marketing trends to watch for in 2017: https://t.co/qS969caX7f,
- Are comments a good tactic in #PR? https://t.co/3iOLD6xe7T,
- 5 terrible writing habits to avoid: https://t.co/YpHhsASUtg,
- How to Create Shareable Content that Will Get Your PR Efforts Noticed: https://t.co/6OpFHaHjhy,
- How to Craft a More Strategic Communications Plan with Big Data: https://t.co/i0F02lPmZf,
- How to Find Your Target Audience in Two Questions: https://t.co/ZCE9bml5qh,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/4h8Ju0yJ30,
- TEDx: A Recipe for #PR Success https://t.co/j2pr60iPsV,
- Public Relations Trends to Look Out for in 2017: https://t.co/c0ByY9umMv,
- Using Social Media at an Event: A How To Guide https://t.co/jjyk7seb86,
- How to Pitch Health, Medical and Fitness Stories: https://t.co/kHzFsrRZ5o #MediaRelations #PR,
- Measuring #PR in an Earned, Owned, Paid World: https://t.co/odnIqD5dA0,
- Creating a Communal Narrative: A Case for Skipping the Press Release: https://t.co/mBtMmrSFvn,
- Marketing checklist: 3 quick tips to kick off 2017 https://t.co/xRAL1DPpOg,
- The Biggest #PR Disasters Of 2016: https://t.co/bkOeCmalYQ,
- How to Get Your CSR Story Covered, Even Now: https://t.co/AdpJYfdN2e,
- One Prediction Each for PR, Content Marketing and Social Media: https://t.co/mlQ7sBMGzL,
- Tips for successful #storytelling: https://t.co/bW2yuEFii1,
- 8 Do’s and Don’ts for Connecting With Journalists on Social Media: https://t.co/v9MffwbWHg,
- How to Take the Fear Out of Live Streaming Your Brand: https://t.co/ER1VYdQ33d,
- Customer Experience Starts With Understanding Customer Experiences And Then Designing Them: https://t.co/c5dGiBZrBm,
- Snapchat Marketing Statistics [Infographic] https://t.co/4N3NHtT8Zk,
- 10 Marketing Tips to Grow Your Small Business Facebook Page Audience: https://t.co/CFb5GmVNzT,
- Six Crisis Communication Lessons to Running Your Business During an Emergency: https://t.co/DzWWZdFX6w,
- 5 Reasons You Should Show Personality in a Press Release: https://t.co/KSeU2nrrjH,
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing: Social media advertising targeting capabilities revealed https://t.co/Zjx5TXsLJM,
- 7 Startup PR Strategies That Will Bring You to the Top: https://t.co/JebBg4Ys2T,
- Customer experience matters, but customer confidence matters more: https://t.co/vEUSVNV4RS,
- Why Social Networks Need to Be Part of Your Holiday Sales Strategy: https://t.co/U0EbzCmXyV,
- How to Unlock Your Small Business PR Potential with Owned Content: https://t.co/Wwkz8EOoYE,
- Does Your Communications Strategy Need a Makeover? https://t.co/fCWMawkozY,
- 5 PR tips to promote your podcast: https://t.co/hhWkTRzTe2,
- How to use PR to create an amazing link building strategy: https://t.co/6gZeCXhuv7,
- How to Plan Content for Your Product Launch: https://t.co/3pVIPJm9H7,
- How to Promote Your Content Marketing with Press Releases: https://t.co/SQhQwupsMn,
- Twitter Analytics 411: Best Practices for Tracking Metrics and Increasing Engagement https://t.co/wS6h8oI3Eo,
- How to Overcome 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges: https://t.co/5ZPiqXtPaY,
- 6 Ways PR and Content Marketing Can Swap Tactics for Success: https://t.co/QoMZ8GJhsT,
- 3 Tips for Pitching Journalists [VIDEO] https://t.co/o8569vsAB8,
- Storytelling, PR, and Measurement: https://t.co/PRP1Ney9nh,
- How to Use Micro-Influencers to Build Brand Engagement: https://t.co/bcGtsf4cGU,
- How to Podcast the Right Way: https://t.co/e6JWRDXZw3,
- 3 Scroll-Stopping Video Ads for Instagram Inspiration: https://t.co/Q76nH2flYE,
- 4 ways to marry SEO and content marketing: https://t.co/ZTyPoHCfbd,
- 22 PR Tools and Resources: https://t.co/oamk3S9x3u,
- 10 surprisingly simple ways to create unique content: https://t.co/0ceZHuil8x,
- How to make a journalist ask you the question you really want to answer: https://t.co/23MzQp49Fz,
- 6 Insider Tips to Increase Your Brand Awareness: https://t.co/pVi9I4QpHs,
- The Power of Influence: How People are Changing Social Media: https://t.co/RAoGxn5PXo,
- The Impact of Social Media on Small Business Blogging: https://t.co/ZWIqYJGtgp,
- How to get your social media audience engaging with you elsewhere: https://t.co/cJJQ3bpJrG,
- Building A Modern Brand: Strategy, Creativity and Agility: https://t.co/hqr6fvgZap,
- What’s the difference between social media and new media? https://t.co/lJii0PrQUS,
- 8 Blogger Tools to Help Promote Your Content: https://t.co/d6Q82qXmui,
- 3 Tools for Social Media Listening on a Budget: https://t.co/3zhZvD1WRU,
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Search Rank With Social Media: https://t.co/T2i6rV36d9,
- Creating Infographics for Your Small Business: https://t.co/5PXCWzKcdC,
- Does Your Brand Get the Attention It Deserves? https://t.co/hfMAHsUCzm,
- Score a Touchdown with Your Marketing Plan: https://t.co/01h6hpbvR4,
- Command Your Audience: 10 Tips for Impactful Thought Leadership Content https://t.co/EAWlJNeaDI,
- How to Track the Return on Social Media Traffic: https://t.co/pqv8I9QCGK,
- How to Create B2B Content That Drives Leads: https://t.co/RjUgMTSvld,
- Does emotion have a place in PR? https://t.co/PyUgTe5IDp,
- Checklist for Your New Website: https://t.co/nGuQh7QXDS,
- 3 Ideas for Creatively Formatting Your Press Release: https://t.co/ti5MREAtse,
- Getting Started with Your Social Media Marketing Strategy: https://t.co/vu99LFbeTz,
- Why Storytelling in Marketing is a Powerful Strategy: https://t.co/fLefhwoPUH,
- Cut the Complexity in Your PR Pitches: https://t.co/w5ibRa0cN1,
- Reasons why Small Businesses are Adopting Video Conferencing: https://t.co/s64okieXnN,
- May the Force be with you: 3 Marketing Lessons from Star Wars https://t.co/zNRp1LTTd1,
- The ABCs of Tweeting Your Way to PR Success: https://t.co/sdL9a9cOUa,
- Refresh Your Ideas: 7 Ideas to Update Old Content: https://t.co/dcwZ5sfBxH,
- Get More out of Event Evaluation: https://t.co/gviipWX6mG,
- Combining PR and social media – the key to success: https://t.co/HBsAUOSp8S,